WonL

The random thoughts of an architect-turned- lawyer from the deep south living in Washington, DC...

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

New Year's Resolution

My NY Resolution this year may seem simple on the surface, but after last semester, I can assure you, it is not! I resolve not to go crazy this semester. Yep, that's right, just want to keep my sanity. For those of you who were reading my blog during the final days (exam time), you have probably already realized I got a bit loopy in the end. The problem is, it wasn't just a comedic loopy. I was really annoying. I was depressed, and lonely, and sick of reading, and rude to the people around me and obsessive about every little thing! I really spent about two weeks mad at almost every person in my life. The minute the break came, it was back to happy me. I cannot tell you how many people have said to me lately "I like you much better this way." So, I decided to try and keep it up. In order to achieve my goal of sanity, I will need to do two important things:

1) Keep my routine. I am borderline OCD when it comes to being organized in life. When I find things becoming in disarry, I feel like I am losing my grasp on sanity. This semester, I have to keep up the work-out, work, school, occasional breaks, etc. routine. Since roomie is doing her Thesis this semester, we are going to force each other to have break times! Last semester, I began outlining on day one. Then, later on, I lost the motivation and had a lot of catching up to do during exams. This time, I am going to stay on top of it!

2) Don't sweat the small stuff. Seriously, I was getting so mad at my roommates thinking they were way too loud coming up those stairs and that was absolutely unnecessary while I was trying to study. (Don't get me started on the time I cried because they watched The OC without me!) I attribute all of that crazy overreacting to stress, as those sort of reactions aren't typical of me. To quote Garrett "You people need to learn to choose your battles and not worry about things which you can easily see arent going to matter in the long run." (By the way, I love this kid's blog. He is writing about the trials and tribulations of high school, but listening to him, I would swear he's in law school...we even have lockers!)