WonL

The random thoughts of an architect-turned- lawyer from the deep south living in Washington, DC...

Monday, December 31, 2007

It's been quite a year

In a phone conversation last night, a friend said "wow, you have really had a horrible year." I thought woah, wait, huh, no...I've had a great year. I guess things lately have been less than rosey and that has tainted what was arguably one of the best years of my life. To turn that attitude around, I decided to look back on what I did in 2007...


I got over the worst heartbreak of my life.


I took a last-minute girl trip to L.A.


I went through a family scare and the sadness of the VA Tech shootings.


I finished law school.


I spent a week at the beach with good law school friends.


I attempted to quit blogging (lasted a week).


After an emotional day and a heartfelt blogpost, I was contacted by the family of a deceased Marine.


I entered a new decade of my life.


I took the Virginia Bar Exam.


I ventured off to travel around the world in six weeks.


I began a new career at a job that I love.


I found out that I passed the Virginia Bar Exam.


I got through some health issues.


And of course I had experiences and friendships that were in my life and my heart but never made it onto WonL (as it should be). Tomorrow is really 2008. Not sure what next year will bring, but I sure am looking forward to it.


I hope each and every one of my friends and readers is able to look back on your own year with the realization and appreciation that your experiences are a part of you. Cheers to the memories, both good and bad, of 2007 and those yet to come in 2008. See you next year!!!