WonL

The random thoughts of an architect-turned- lawyer from the deep south living in Washington, DC...

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

My morning so far...

Convo with myself...
Hmmm, my left eye is blurry.
Why can't I see out of my left eye?
Crap. (blink blink).
Maybe my contact is dry. (insert rewetting solution).
It's still blurry.
Maybe there is something on my contact. (looking in mirror).
Okay, I can't tell.
Damnit, I'll just take it out (looking in mirror and playing with left eye)
Law-rah, you are an idiot, your contact is gone.
Look again (pulling eyelid in all directions)
Nope, just gone.
Dummy, maybe that is why your eye is blurry.
Just put a new one in (grabbing disposable contact and putting in new left one)
Hmmm, still blurry.
Now, it feels really funny too.
Just take it out. (pulling out contact to find there are actually two contacts in my left eye now)
Law-rah, you really are an idiot.


Convo with PMBR (sorta)...
Me: Hi, I'm taking the Barbri 3 day course and wanted to see if I could change my date.
Her: What? Your taking what?
Me: The Barbri 3 day course.
Her: I don't know what that is.
Me: (realizing I'm on the phone with PMBR) Oops, sorry. I meant the PMBR 3 day course.
Her: The what? I don't know what that is either.
Me: I'm scheduled for July 13, 14 and 15 for the PMBR course.
Her: Let me check the schedule.
Me: (waiting)
Her: We don't have anything on the schedule for those days.
Me: (confused) Are you sure? It's at Georgetown. Could you check again.
Her: What did you say this was again?
Me: Wait, is this PMBR?
Her: No, this is [insert company name that is in no way affiliated with the bar exam].
Me: Okay thanks. (Yep Law-rah, you are an idiot.)


Convo with the lady at the Egyptian Embassy...
Me: (after calling for over an hour) Hi, I'm coming in today to get a visa and I had a few questions.
Her: Visit our website at www.egyptembassy.net
Me: I did. Your hours are not posted on the website.
Her: 9:30-1pm
Me: Okay, I have one more question.
Her: Visit our website at www.egyptembassy.net
Me: I did. That's where I got this phone number.
Her: Click on "visa" if you have questions.
Me: I did. The answers were not there. That is why I am calling.
Her: Are you sure you visited the right website? w-w-w-dot-egypt-embassy-dot-net?
Me: Ma'am, I have been on the visa section of your website all morning. I got the right phone number and application but I still have a question that is not answered on your website.
Her: Click on visa.
Me: YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! WHY WON'T YOU JUST ANSWER MY QUESTION? I'LL JUST GET THE STUPID VISA UPON ENTRY INTO EGYPT. (click - hangs up on consulate woman)
(Law-rah, while you may be an idiot, at least you are not as stupid as her.)


Stressed much?

Labels: , ,