WonL

The random thoughts of an architect-turned- lawyer from the deep south living in Washington, DC...

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Dreaded Torts

Continuing onward to my comparisions of exams to dating:

I knew this one was coming. Torts was the dreaded date with my mom's church friend's brother's neighbor's son's chess partner. I knew I didn't want to go and I knew there was no chance in hell of enjoying myself. Nevertheless, they had been talking about this for so long, it was inevitable. The first time he was mentioned (on the syllabus as being a closed book exam) I just knew it would not work out. After I caught a glimpse of an old picture, things just went downhill from there.

Well, it was about that bad, if not worse. He was tiresome, obnoxious and had sub-par communication skills. In fact, more than once in the evening, he rambled on for quite some time and when he finished, all I could say was "huh?" I had to duck out twice for a breather because I was so miserable. I could have answered every single one of his questions with a simple 'yes' or 'no' and that was that. For some reason, I felt that I had to go into great detail though. Whatever. I am so glad that one is over. It was just as bad, if not worse, than I thought it would be. Worst part: I didn't even get a free dinner! Argh...