WonL

The random thoughts of an architect-turned- lawyer from the deep south living in Washington, DC...

Friday, April 22, 2005

Letters to my body and my mind

Dear Body,
First off, allow me to apologize for the way in which I have been treating you lately. I realize I have not spent the time and effort I usually do to ensure your happiness, but things have been a little stressful. I would also like to apologize in advance for not being able to rectify the situation any time soon. My last exam is in 13 days and hopefully, things will get back to normal soon after that.

That being said, I do not appreciate some of your actions lately. I realize that you are telling me that blow pops and coffee are not enough to satisfy the new Food Pyramid. For the most part, I agree. However, I do know for a fact that some lady survived for 9 days in her trunk with no food or water, so you should feel lucky. Dude, I even gave you Ben & Jerry's last night. I am trying my best here. In fact, as compared to some people in my situation, I think I am doing a good job. You are getting bathed daily, a moderate amount of sleep each night, and also a little exercise walking to and from the car. Plus, although the wardrobe I have provided you with lately may not match or be fashionable...at least it's clean! Considering all I have tried to do for you lately, I do not think you are justified in the way that you have been treating me. I do not appreciate the gargantuan bags you have decided to display under my eyes. I would also love to have some of the color back in my face. I will not even get started on the grey hair you have decided to grow. I would also like to ask that you quit making me trip over my own feet and run into doors. That is not very nice. And please tell the eyes to quit making everything go blurry after 16 hours of staring at the computer screen.

Okay, so, let's call a truce here. Let us work together to get through this, because I need you right now! I would also ask that you work a little harder to get along with the mind. You two usually get along very well. Lately, though, I have noticed you completely ignoring her. One example of this is when you insist on falling asleep when she is still working on her notes. Again, that is not too nice. So, I plan to feed you healthy stuff like strawberries and apples (in addition to blow-pops) today...as long as you promise to bear with me!

Thanks so much,
Law-Rah


Dear Mind,
I have given up on you.
Sincerely,
Law-Rah