WonL

The random thoughts of an architect-turned- lawyer from the deep south living in Washington, DC...

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

As if I don't read enough!

I am having a real hard time focussing on school these days. I have always worked better with more on my plate, but I think I may have crossed the line into non-complacency. This morning, I was going over all of the cliche reasons that people give when you end a relationship...here are some I have gotten and given over the years:
Love Hurts;
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all;
Sometimes, love just isn't enough;
It will only make you stronger;
If you love him, let him go;
It's all for the best;
Blah Blah Blah

We all know those things do not help at that particular moment. I found a new one, though...HE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU.

For various reasons, I went out and bought the book this morning. So far, it is hilarious. It is sort of a modern day "the rules". What makes it great, is that it is coming from a MAN. (A heterosexual hot one, at that.) So, it's not like some aniquated version of dating that says you need 36 hours 29 minutes and 14 seconds advance notice in order to accept a date or that you aren't allowed to make eye contact on a date because he'll think you are easy. This book is different. It straight up says 'quit making excuses for him, maybe he's just not that into you...move on!" There is no "maybe he doesn't want to ruin the friendship" or "maybe he is really busy right now" or "maybe he has trouble committing due to childhood issues". Nope...it's much simpler than that! If he never calls, or quits calling, or get's "sidetracked" and completely forgets he made plans with you...maybe he's just not that into you.

This is funny stuff! So, I'm going to read chapter 2...oops, I meant Contracts.

I'll keep you updated.

By the way...Halloween costume is coming along fabulously. Being that I am sewing it together myself, let's all hope it does not fall apart at the Law School Halloween party.