WonL

The random thoughts of an architect-turned- lawyer from the deep south living in Washington, DC...

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Candy-grams

As I have mentioned in the past, my law school gives out Valentine's candy grams. They are usually more snarky and less romantic. I had completely forgotten about this until this morning when I went to get my paper from last semester that my prof. put in my mailbox. I was pleasantly surprised to find a couple of candy grams in my box. I was even more pleasantly surprised when I read this one from a good friend:


Top 10 Reasons Why Law School is Like a Shitty Significant Other
1) You're happy and excited in the beginning.
2) You keep giving them money, and you are not sure you will get it back.
3) They make you feel guilty when you don't spend all of your time with them.
4) They make you feel like you're the crazy one when it's really them.
5) No matter what you do, it's never good enough.
6) You keep thinking "Maybe it will get better".
7) They make you miss all your favorite TV shows.
8) You know you should pay attention, but they just keep going on and on about boring stuff.
9) You wonder if you're going to get out without permanent emotional damage.
10) Drinking makes it all better.


Fabulous. Thanks for the candy grams, kids!!! Oh, and thanks Marci for that bottle of red wine you brought over on Saturday. It will come in handy tonight as I test the truthfulness of #10.

Props to the Feminist Forum for this very timely candy gram.