WonL

The random thoughts of an architect-turned- lawyer from the deep south living in Washington, DC...

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I dropped to my knees this morning

I prayed for everyone in my homestate last year.


I prayed for everyone in my homestate this year.


I prayed for the emotional well being of the children who lived through Katrina.


I prayed for the souls of all of those who were lost.


I prayed for those who survived and were left with nothing.


I prayed for those who cannot face returning and I prayed for those who never left.


I prayed for the rebuilding of the spirit of my people.


I prayed for the economic revitalization of my homestate.


I prayed that everyone will quit bickering and blaming and come together to find solutions.


I prayed for strength during this upcoming hurricane season.


I prayed for the guilt I still feel for not being there when my friends and family needed me the most.


I prayed a prayer of thanks for the outpouring of support those in need received from fellow Americans.


I just prayed.


It is the least I can do.