WonL

The random thoughts of an architect-turned- lawyer from the deep south living in Washington, DC...

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

My new job

Law-Rah: "So, I got a job offer from my law firm."


Ben: "That's great baby. I am so happy for you."


L: "Yeah."


B: "What do you mean 'yeah'? You are going to take it, right?"


L: "I think so. I'm just not sure right now."


B: "How can you not be sure? Do you think you will find one better?"


L: "No way. This place is amazing."


B: "Then why would you even hesitate to take it?"


L: "It's complicated."


B: "How so?"


L: (holding breath while putting cards on table) "Well, if taking this job means that you and I will not be together then I would have to think really hard about whether or not I would take this job."


B: "We will be together."


L: "Yeah, but..."


B: "Hey, I have not seen you in two weeks and I still feel like you are right beside me."


L: "Yeah, but I mean physically together. I want us to be physically beside each other."


B: "This job is good for you, right? It will be good for your career and make you happy?"


L: "Absolutely."


B: "Then, take the job. I will be beside you."


L: "Yeah, but I want..."


B: "Law-Rah, I will be beside you. Take the job. Not just in my heart, I will physically be with you."