WonL

The random thoughts of an architect-turned- lawyer from the deep south living in Washington, DC...

Thursday, February 16, 2006

The sun'll come out...tomorrow.

Today, I don't want to be in Law School anymore. In fact, I really don't want to be a lawyer at all. I don't care about the money and don't care about the great job at a cushy firm I already *almost* have. I don't want to advocate for any clients. I don't want to research. I don't want to work my way up to partner.


Today, I don't want to hold out for the right man...one who deserves me. I don't want to think about old boyfriends. I don't want to go on any new dates. I don't even want to have a crush.


Today, I don't want to be a strong minded, goal oriented, follow-your-dreams type of person. I don't want to have any dreams.


Today, I don't want to be everybody's friend. I don't want to do people favors. I don't want to smile at everyone I pass. I don't want to be polite.


Today, I don't want to dress cute or work out or put on make-up.


Today, I want to meet a man with a whole lot of money who absolutely adores me and who will just take me away from all of this.


Tomorrow, I will be back. Today, I am taking the day off.