WonL

The random thoughts of an architect-turned- lawyer from the deep south living in Washington, DC...

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Good Times

I tried orange juice:


I tried every medicine available:


And all I really needed was a dose of home:


My friend called me around 4pm yesterday. I barely said hello when he starts in with "Law-Rah, don't give any crap about being sick. Put your dress on, I'll be there to pick you up at 7:30." I still felt horrible and really didn't feel like leaving my sofa in a blizzard but I did not seem to have much choice. So, in my flu-ridden state, I managed to pull myself together and make it to the Mardi Gras Ball last night.


I am so glad I went. Although still a little too sick to eat, after consuming a Purple Haze or two, I was able to hit the dance floor. (Only had to leave twice because I was getting dizzy.) The ball was in the atrium of the Old Post Office Pavillion which was absolutely beautiful! The night was full of beads and King Cake and costumes and good Zydeco music and happy southern folk. I stayed sober and probably had more fun last night than I have had in a very long time. I woke up today feeling much better, so I guess I just needed a little bit of home to get me back on my feet.


Bi-Partisan lines: Law-Rah and Senator Breaux