WonL

The random thoughts of an architect-turned- lawyer from the deep south living in Washington, DC...

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Ma and Pa

I called my mom last week and simply said "so I just wanted to call you and thank you and dad for never getting divorced."


I'm pretty sure my mom thought I was crazy, but hey it would not be the first time.


Watching as a close friends goes through a divorce and hearing many people around chime in about experiences with parents divorces growing up, I realized how blessed I am. I have no such stories. I cannot relate. I am honestly glad I have nothing to contribute to those conversations.


I know my parents had to work through stuff in my younger years. Of course, as a child, I was likely shielded from most of it. I had a great childhood and my parents were together through it all. They worked at it, they fought for it, they stuck it out. Over thirty years later, they are still together and happier than ever. I am in awe of the place they have come to in their relationship. What they have in each other is truly an inspiration. Each of them has found in each other a person willing to fight with and fight for a really great love. That's a rare find. Today marks THIRTY THREE years for those two lovebirds.


Mom and Dad, I sure do love you!!!

Labels: