WonL

The random thoughts of an architect-turned- lawyer from the deep south living in Washington, DC...

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Today, life is grande.

After stuffing myself full of sushi last night, I got the full night sleep I have been awaiting all summer. A whole 8+ hours. It was amazing! I got up this morning early enough to chat with my roommate and then headed to the gym. (Pretty shocked I remember where it was considering it has been so long.) After the gym, I swung by the apartment and picked up my clubs to head to the driving range. Today is such a beautiful day in DC. Perfect day to play a little golf, then drive around this gorgeous city with the windows down and the radio blaring. I came home and fixed myself pork tenderloin and broccoli and sat at the table, moving aside the job offer letter from summer firm to return next summer:-) Life is looking good.


Then, I look at the date on the Post and realize I have to go back to school in less than a week. World. Crashing. Down. AAAAAAAAAA. Gotta put life on hold again. Arg! I feel like I just finished school. Oh wait, I did. My final exam was on July 28th. Not nearly enough days have gone by to have to go back. Then, all these crazy professors of mine keep posting the first week reading assignments implying that I need to get my books and start reading NOW. I won't do it. I refuse to get my books yet. Yeah, you heard me! I'm not going to get them until...um... tomorrow. Yep, because while tomorrow may suck...today, life is grande!