WonL

The random thoughts of an architect-turned- lawyer from the deep south living in Washington, DC...

Sunday, August 07, 2005

I'm sailing away

Partly because I went sailing on Friday and got some great photographs and partly because I feel like law school is sucking the creativity out of me, I took a few hours to play around in PhotoShop today (original photos on the left; click to enlarge).

In addition to color manipulation, I also added some movement to the sails. (Or maybe this was after a few too many Mohitos):



I really love this one:


It's amazing how a bit of vibrance can really enhance the image. It looks like a completely different day:


I like the sepia tones, but I especially like how some of the definition in the sails starts to pop out:


Although this scene looks a bit like something that should be on the wall at a beach condo, I do like the effect of the colored pencil:


You had to know I would add a wind filter to the sails:-)