WonL

The random thoughts of an architect-turned- lawyer from the deep south living in Washington, DC...

Monday, July 25, 2005

Emotion and sweat

Okay, so since I seem to have pissed off disappointed a few of my loyal readers by deleting a post, I shall put it back up. I apologize. I must say, that I quite frankly didn't think anyone would care that it was gone much less that it was there in the first place. I guess I under-estimated the emotional side of my readers (or else underestimated their need to relish in my emotional side).


Moving on...do you know what is worse than a scorching hot and humid D.C. July day? Not having air conditioning when you get to work on the above referenced day. Yeah, that was fun. And, by "fun", I mean miserable, sickening, perspiration filled and musky. Did you ever want to know how to piss off a bunch of lawyers? Well, putting them in a 90 degree work environment in suits will do the trick. Luckily, I had on a camisol, so I was able to shut my door, strip down, and put a fan on myself. Wasn't so bad. Funniest part of all was the comment I heard on the stairs "I would kick the shit out of the contractor of this building if they weren't one of our clients."