WonL

The random thoughts of an architect-turned- lawyer from the deep south living in Washington, DC...

Monday, February 26, 2007

You got me through this

I guess it takes a break-up to realize what truly amazing people you have in your life. Truth be told, I already knew what amazing people I have in my life. I just had the opportunity in recent weeks to really reflect on it. I have seen firsthand what good friends can do for a girl. For example, a good friend might show up at your house with a bottle of vodka on the night of your breakup...


...or, send you break-up balloons:



...or provide a beverage at her party especially for you when you give up drinking for Lent:



...or fill your inbox and cell phone with such sweet messages:

I heard you mentioning a variety of unhappy facts about a relationship...I'm sorry to hear that...I wanted to offer lunch or coffee or something along those lines early next week.


I was thinking about what you said today and I know you have a million friends but if you ever need to talk or anything let me know


You and I both know there's nothing I can say here to make it better...Just let me know if need that ear or shoulder, alright?


How are you - I know that if this is something you are doing or have done it was truly hard. Let me know you are O.K.


I know you have a lot of friends looking out for you, but if you want to just blow off steam to someone I am available.


I don't even need to hear the break-up story. I'm ready to jump on a plane now and beat the shit out of him.


I hope you're doing ok. If I was there, I'd take you out for some beers & wine and some Erotic Photo Hunt.


Darlin', you doing ok? If you want to talk/vent/whatever, you know where I am.


You know I am always happy to be a listener when you are ready for one.


Well I am thinking of you and I am here if you need me.


You have a beautiful smile so don't hide it too long.


I'm sorry, is there anything I can do to help?


In reflecting on all of this I realized something really important: he would have never fit into my life here. The people around me have set the bar way too high and I doubt he would ever have reached it. You are such amazing people and I am one damn lucky girl. Thank you.

Labels: ,