WonL

The random thoughts of an architect-turned- lawyer from the deep south living in Washington, DC...

Thursday, January 04, 2007

She's baaaack

What a daunting task: the first blog post back from a three week holiday. I see that people have been logging on with increasing frequency, presumably awaiting, um, me. Ahh, the pressure! Since my whole holiday trip to London was really round two of my summer romance, I feel as if my first post back should be about that. However, I am conflicted about divulging that. There is just so much and there are some things I have to sort through first. I will say this: I really really heart this guy. Really.


Not to mention, I have only been back for 17 hours and am trying to catch up on life. My gawd. Who knew so much could happen in three weeks? A dear friend's sister was raped; my brother's wife had a child; my best friend left her husband; and another great friend got engaged. I have only been gone three weeks!


The emails and text messages are coming in quicker than I can respond. I have so many people I want to catch up with and hear about their holidays, but I don't even know where to begin. My blog-friends alone have posted 591 new blog posts since I left. I am thinking of just scratching Bloglines and making all of you email me updates on your life. Sound good?


Ben and I learned a lot about each other on this trip. More importantly, I learned a lot about myself. I learned just how hard it is to be away from my friends and family during the holidays. I learned that no matter how happy I am in the arms of the man of my dreams, I still missed you guys more than you know. Not seeing or talking to any of my friends during the holiday season really left a tiny empty feeling inside of me. I realized just how much all of you mean to me and it really is good to be home.