WonL

The random thoughts of an architect-turned- lawyer from the deep south living in Washington, DC...

Friday, January 06, 2006

Resolution

A little late to the game, but I'm going to throw my New Years Resolutions into the mix. Honestly, it took me a little while because I just was not sure if I would be able to handle this one resolution. Of course, I have the usual: lose weight (eat healthier, exercise regularly), put more effort into school, keep my sanity during school, don't lose touch with friends, go to Church regularly (or at least at all), etc. Eh, these don't change from year to year. There is a new one this year. Well, it's actually more like a New Years Gift instead of a resolution.


As of now (rather, 5 days ago), I am wiping the slate clean in 2006. I am going give a virtual 'get out of jail free card' to everyone who pissed me off or hurt me last year. Yep, no grudges, no dwelling, no drama. I want to start fresh. If these means forgetting about things that people did to me last year that were "less than nice" then so be it. I'm done.


I forgive the pointy grade guy who didn't want me and my friend in his study group because he didn't think we were smart enough. I forgive my "good" friends who did not buy toys or contribute even $1 to a charity that I formed that meant the world to me. I forgive the boy who found out I was interested in him and, although he didn't feel the same, he thought it would be some sort of fun game to pretend he did. I forgive my friend who used her chemical imbalance to take advantage of me and my friendship. I forgive my former roommate who left naked pictures of himself on my computer. I forgive that snob at law school that talks about my friends as if she is above them. I forgive summer co-worker who made my life pure hell for 11 weeks. I forgive him (even though for some backward reason HE won't speak to ME). I forgive that professor for giving me a below-the-curve grade after sitting with me in his office saying "you really understand this class." And I even forgive law school boy from my first semester (well, whole first year really) for...well, he knows what for.


So, now, my list has been wiped clean (exept, of course, for Arlington AutoCare).