WonL

The random thoughts of an architect-turned- lawyer from the deep south living in Washington, DC...

Friday, July 22, 2005

"Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding-This is a test-Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding"


This has been going on for twenty minutes and I am about to pull my hair out. I stayed home from work today to study only to find there would be "Fire Alarm Testing" in my building. Not a huge deal...except that my apartment seems to be equipped with a speaker IN THE HALLWAY which amplifies the monotoned repetitive gentlemanly recording.


Going to be a long day.


UPDATE: I just got a visit from maintanence. Apparently, the test must continue (recorded man must keep repeating himself) until maintanence has the opportunity to walk into each apartment to ensure the recorded man can be heard. Did I mention my building is twenty-one stories??? Going to be a REALLY long day.