WonL

The random thoughts of an architect-turned- lawyer from the deep south living in Washington, DC...

Sunday, June 19, 2005

My moment

I had "a moment" this week. I love having moments. This was one of those moments where you stop dead in your tracks and think "if someone would've told me 10 or so years ago I would be here, I would have never believed them." And then, you take a deep breath and you just take it all in.


My moment occurred standing on the Speakers' Balcony of the United States Capital with a former Member of Congress looking DOWN on the area that Presidents are sworn in. For four years now, I have battled with what is my favorite view of this city. I shall never change my mind again. Standing there, at the apex of the Washington DC Axis, I watched Pennsylvania Avenue cut the grid to my right and Maryland Ave. to my left. What a breathtaking city.


Just wanted to share my moment with you.