WonL

The random thoughts of an architect-turned- lawyer from the deep south living in Washington, DC...

Thursday, May 17, 2007

That's a Wrap

Dear Pre-Law School Unsolicited Advice Giver,


You were wrong.


You told me that it would not be worth it and you were wrong. In more ways than I can expound, law school has been worth it. When I cross that stage on Sunday and receive my diploma, I will be reflecting on just how worth it these past three years were.


You told me that it would be the most miserable three years of my life. Granted, it was a lot of work. It was grueling and intellectually tiring and sometimes even emotionally exhausting. Still, it was far from miserable.


You told me that law school would turn me into a negative cynical person. Well, I still wake up every day smiling. I am still happy with the decision I made. I still look forward to the challenges ahead of me. Oh, and any cynicism present was already in me.


You told me that I would not make lasting friends because law school students are cut-throat and competitive. Actually, it was quite the opposite. I got close to some of the most intelligent, supportive, downright amazing people I have ever met. I found people that I can truly call friends...friends that will stay with me forever.


You told me that having a law school blog would be a waste of my time. Wrong again. WonL has kept me sane during the past three years. I would not have gotten through things in the same way if I did not have this outlet. I have cherished everything that WonL has brought into my life and I will miss it. Now it's time for Law-Rah to become Laura again.


Farewell,
Law-Rah

P.S. If I ever decide to come back in another blog-form, I'll be sure to give y'all a head's up. Thanks to everyone for reading these past three years!