WonL

The random thoughts of an architect-turned- lawyer from the deep south living in Washington, DC...

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Fried

I am feeling the brain-fried levels of stress I felt during my first ever law school exams. (Like when I made a grilled cheese sandwich but forgot to remove the plastic wrapper.) Yeah.


Yesterday, partner handed me edits on one of the summary judgment motions. I get to a page where there is a long indented quote from another judge in another case. Judge cites multiple cases and legal conclusions that we rely on very heavily. Partner simply writes "justify". In my head (and in the confines of my office), I got pissed. Really? Why the hell do we have to justify this? The damn judge said it word for word. Do I really need to pick it apart and analyze it? I do not have time for this shit today!


Or maybe he meant force justify the font.


Yeah.