WonL

The random thoughts of an architect-turned- lawyer from the deep south living in Washington, DC...

Friday, June 20, 2008

Why I have the best secretary in the world

Work yesterday was one of those super busy days where at least one person on every assignment in my stack needed something done. I was getting emails from clients and partners all day. The problem is that I spent from 8:30am to 3:30pm at a client site so I was not really available to work on anything else. Of course, with blackberry in hand, I was able to at least delegate the work and and reply to clients. Mostly, I was able to forward things to my secretary and let her handle getting them covered.


That, my friends, is not the real reason my secretary rocks. Last night, when I was back at work cranking away on things I did not get done during the day...my secretary had a bottle of wine sent down to my office from a reception I was too busy to attend. I heart that woman.