WonL

The random thoughts of an architect-turned- lawyer from the deep south living in Washington, DC...

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Fun with Maps

How many things can I find to distract me from school? Well, ArtPad was cool, but I think I may have actually found something cooler. Down with mapquest....google rocks!

Google Maps!

You can move the map around, zoom in and out easily, and type in "restaurant" and it will find some near your location. Then, you can click on the little red teardrop and even get to the washingtonpost.com review of that restaurant. And of course, you can do directions! (Still a few kinks to work out, as they have McDonald's in the same category as Iota) Pretty smart little program, because when I tried to get directions to a pizza place in Hawaii, it said: "We could not calculate driving directions between (blah blah), Arlington, VA and 1295 S Kihei Rd, Kihei, HI 96753. We currently only support road-based driving directions." I tried.

Thanks Samer